It is no surpise to many that know me, Will Ferrell is one of my favorite actors. After catching part of Talladega Nights on TBS the other day, and then getting the urge to watch StepBrothers last night, I have started to realize that I quote one of his movies almost every day. I now reflect on my favorite characters. (these do not include SNL characters because that could be a whole new list!)
5. Chazz Michael Michaels: Blades of Glory
- “Whoever invented robe is a real A-hole”
- The “Iron Lotus” (which is hilarious if you’ve ever see the 90s-tastic movie The Cutting Edge)
- Bonus: my favorite comedic couple Amy Poehler and Will Arnett play Stranz and Fairchild
4. Frank the Tank: Old School
- One of the first comedies that featured the Frat Pack
- Singing Dust in the Wind at Blue’s funeral….”you’re my boy, Blue!”
- This letter: “Dear Mitch, if you’re holding this letter you already know. The house has been boarded up. The doors. The windows. Everything. We’re at the Comfort Inn. Room 112. I love you. Frank”
3. Brennan Huff: StepBrothers
- Paired up with John C. Reilly in the better of their two movies (the other is Talladega Nights)
- His voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus
- This scene:
2. Buddy: Elf
- You get to watch it at Christmas!
- Only in this world would Will Ferrell date Zooey Deschanel
- He’s adorable and different from most characters will has played:
1. Ron Burgundy: Anchorman
- “It’s so damn hot! Milk was a bad choice!”
- “I’m a man who discovered the wheel, and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn! That’s what kind of man I am. You’re just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of ours. It’s science.”
- Crying in the phone booth:
- Best used whenever you want to brag about yourself:
- Ron Burgundy: I don’t know how to put this, but I’m kind of a big deal.
- Veronica Corningstone: Really.
- Ron Burgundy: People know me.
- Veronica Corningstone: Well, I’m very happy for you.
- Ron Burgundy: Um, I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
- Finally, the battle to end all battles: The News Anchor fight. Apparently there is no good quality online, so pull out your copy of Anchorman and watch it!)